Occult Adventures - Carrion Crown
Spiritual adviser with tips you just can't seem to refuse.
Male dhampir mesmerist (spirit walker) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide 96, Pathfinder RPG Occult Adventures 38, 97)
LN Medium humanoid (dhampir)
Init 3 armor, 2)
Fort 5, Will 1)
Mesmerist (Spirit Walker) Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration 0; CMB 2 Bluff, 1) (Su) 1/round, target of hyp. stare takes extra damage from attack.
Prognostication (Sense Motive, 1/day) You are skilled in means of folk divination.
Read Aura (Perception, 1/day) Read the psychic impressions left on objects or in places.
Resist Level Drain (Ex) Negative levels don’t impose penalties or become permanent, but still kill if exceed HD.
Subject of Study (Undead) Professor Lorrimor approached you as part of his studies, as he had heard that you had survived a recent encounter with a strange monster or had another fateful encounter. Interested in the conditions of the run-in and the means by which you avoided
Two-World Magic (Telekinetic Projectile, Mesmerist [Spirit Walker]) Add a 0-level spell from another class to your spell list.
Undead Inception (Su) You can affect undead with your hypnotic stare.
Undead Resistance +2 save vs. disease, mind affecting effects.
• Raised lovingly by a vampire from infancy to adulthood.
• While home life was loving, father was controlling. He desired an escape from the walls of the manor.
• Inadvertently initiated events which lead to his father meeting the sun, freeing him from his bonds but leaving him lost in the world.
• Always had a talent for manipulation and influencing people.
• Father was likely first creature who was subtly manipulating by his psychic potential, which resonates with his undead blood.
• Full potential was only unlocked under the tuition of Prof. Lorrimor. The Prof took on a role of a make shift parent, to help him transition into the world and understand how to control his psychic potential.
• Often feels he understands people more than he really does, and is not above giving a few psychic hints to his harrow reading and spiritual clients. After all, he knows best.
• Never feels quite at home around the people of Ustalav, they are always wary of him, with the people of Kacau often only seeking him because he provided results. Compared to the quiet, obedient vampires he spent his childhood with and the ever doting gaze of his father, this life has never made him feel “safe”.
• A reluctant adventurer. While felt at home around undead, he realises from the stories he has heard in the last few years they can be dangerous, and dead things are often the least of your worries along the foggy roads of Ustalav.
• When he was alone in the world, Professor Lorrimor came to him as a light in the darkness. While it was obvious the Professor wanted something from him, the man was always kind and would spend hours teaching anything that was asked of him, in exchange for a few stories. While these times lasted only a few months, his devotion to Lorrimor would be lifelong; he often wrote the professor of his triumphs and troubles. The news of the Professor’s death meant he had lost two fathers in his short life.