Occult Adventures - Carrion Crown
Please do check out the Carrion Crown Player’s Guide for some flavour you should keep in mind when creating your character. This is, after all, an occult/horror campaign – and you should play as much a part in maintaining that flavour as the GM.
Above all else, remember to follow the cardinal rule: “don’t be a douchebag”.
20 point buy, with a maximum score of 17 and a minimum score of 8 AFTER racial modifiers. This is meant to encourage a more balanced spread of modifiers and unique (but not necessarily “optimal”) characters while discouraging min-maxing.
Pick from the following. Please ask about others.
- Skinwalker (Shifter)
Pick from the following.
- Cleric (worshipper of appropriate deity only, such as Desna or Pharasma)
- Inquisitor (worshipper of appropriate deity only, such as Desna or Pharasma)
- Oracle (appropriate mystery only, such as ancestor, lunar, or occult)
- (Unchained) Rogue
- Sorcerer (appropriate bloodline only, such as aberrant, dreamspun, harrow, starsoul, or psychic)
Other classes may be acceptable if they take an appropriate archetype or abilities, such as those on the following (non-exhaustive) list.
- Bard: archivist, dirge bard, or phrenologist archetypes
- Druid: menhir savant archetype; Vulture domain
- Fighter: lore warden or sensate archetypes
- Magus: bladebound, hexcrafter, kapenia dancer, or mindblade archetypes
- Paladin: ghost hunter, oathbound (oath against corruption or undead), or undead scourge archetypes
- Ranger: corpse hunter archetype; favoured enemy (aberration or undead)
- Wizard: divination or necromancy schools
The following classes are not allowed.
- Asian themed classes and archetypes (such as monk, ninja, and samurai)
- Gunslingers and gun-related archetypes
Any non-evil. Lawful good probably isn’t going to have a fun time in this adventure; there’s a lot of moral greyness throughout. That said, you do need to have a reason to adventure and do reasonably heroic things, so take care with your character’s edge.
Pick two traits: one from any Pathfinder source as normal, and one Campaign Trait from the Carrion Crown Player’s Guide.
All characters receive maximum HP at 1st level. Average hit points (rounded up) gained thereafter (i.e., 4 for d6, 5 for d8, 6 for d10, 7 for d12).
All characters receive a free skill rank per level. This rank may only be placed into Artistry, Craft, Profession, or Perform skills, as befits the character’s background.
All characters begin with average gold for their class.